Whether a new or returning racer, we realize that some may want to fill out the required paperwork from the comfort of their own home prior to attending this event. CKT is here to help!
SPECIAL NOTE: As of Jan 01, 2018, regional series are responsible for handling International Karting Federation (IKF) membership applications! Please do not contact the IKF inquiring about your membership, and do not submit paperwork to the IKF. Submit all paperwork listed here to CKT, at the mailing address listed on the CKT membership form!
All of the critical documents for 2020 season registration can be found here (or below with further instructions).
Please take some time to read our tips and explanations surrounding each of these documents before filling them out. This exercise will help you breeze through the forms, which are each important and vital to have on file prior to competing with CKT. These documents include the Colorado Karting Tour and IKF membership applications, and the minor release form (which needs to be notarized).
Don’t forget – The earlier you turn in your member applications, the sooner you are set to get started on your 2020 Colorado Karting Tour season! If you have any questions along the way, don’t hesitate to contact us.
SPECIAL NOTE(2): If you are a first-time IKF member, and driver is aged 15 or under, YOU MUST BRING IN THE DRIVERS ORIGINAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE, OR A VERIFIED COPY!
We will also need a photocopy of this document to mail to the IKF. Without the original (and copy) of the birth certificate, we cannot finish the application.
- Member Name - Minor or Adult? - Please write down the name of parent or legal guardian, not the racer. For adult racers, the member name is of course the driver competing at CKT events.
- Transponders – The Colorado Karting Tour does not rent transponders. For most racers, we highly encourage you to purchase your own. To do so, head over to MyLaps.com. Currently, My Laps has introduced the TR2 model for 2020, an update to the X2 models. All will work with our timing system. Most come with various subscription levels, of 1,2,or 5 years.
- However, if you do indeed prefer to rent a transponder, several will be available track side during the 2020 season through Point Karting.com.
- Additionally, several host facilities do rent transponders to racers. Many of these tend to be aging, but reliable (often the older AMB Tran X160 model). To inquire with a venue about transponder rental, please contact them directly.
- Racing Number – Racers that are returning in 2020 to the same class they competed in the 2019 will get to keep their number if they wish, and these numbers will be assigned first over new racers. Any racing number that was not raced last year in each class, can be requested on the form. To inquire if a number has been used, or is available, contact us via email. In the case of multiple request for the same number, we will select the racer who registered first.
- IKF Registration - The CKT membership forms includes the IKF fees on the form to make it easy to calculate the totals, and to apply for membership to both CKT and IKF at the same time. The fees represented on the CKT membership form are not top additional fees compared to the IKF form, but represent a duplicate to help members write one check to The Colorado Karting Tour to cover both forms. Please fill out both forms with the correct totals, but know you will only write a check for the totals on The Colorado Karting Tour form, and we will mail the IKF fee to them on your behalf!